How to Make Slime
Slime is a popular non-Newtonian fluid that is often used for sensory play and as a toy it has a unique texture that is both slimy and stretchy Slime is typically made using a mixture of glue and a slimy or viscous ingredient such as liquid starch or borax solution it can also be customized with various colors , glitters and textures Slime is enjoyed by people of all ages and is a fun way to engage in sensory exploration and creative play ,
To make slime you will need the following ingredients and materials:
- 1 cup of white school glue
- 1 cup of liquid starch
- Food coloring (optional)
- Mixing bowl
- Spoon or spatula
Method of Making
- Pour the glue into the mixing bowl if desired add a few drops of food coloring to the glue and stir until it’s evenly distributed.
- Slowly add the liquid starch to the glue about a tablespoon at a time stirring well after each addition Keep adding and stirring until the slime starts to come together and becomes more difficult to mix with the spoon or spatula.
- At this point you can take the slime out of the bowl and knead it with your hands This will help it become more stretchy and cohesive Continue kneading until the slime reaches the desired consistency if it’s too sticky you can add a small amount of liquid starch and knead it again.
- Once you are happy with the slime store it in an airtight container to keep it from drying out.
Remember to supervise children while making and playing with slime as some ingredients may not be safe to ingest and the slime can be messy Enjoy your homemade slime .